Czech Republic joined EATRIS consortium in 2011 during transitional phase. EATRIS entered to ERIC (EATRIS-ERIC) in 2014 and the Czech Republic became one of the founding countries.
At the national level, the national node was built according to the schedule in 2010-2014 (IMTM), and in 2013/2014 we have created the national network, where the following institutions joined: Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry AS CR, v.v.i., Charles University in Prague, First Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry AS CR, v.v.i., Masaryk University, Central-European Technology Institute, Nuclear Physics Institute of the ASCR, v.v.i., Institute of Microbiology AS CR, v.v.i.
Czech institutions are involved in the activities of platforms Small Molecules, Biomarkers, Vaccines, and Imaging and Tracing. The mission of the Czech EATRIS network (EATRIS-CZ) is to further develop a dynamic and collaborative environment that will support chemical, biomedical, and clinical research, and speed up its transfer into clinical practice. It will connect and facilitate collaboration of top nationa
- Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine (IMTM)
- Central European Institute of Technologies (CEITEC)
- Charles University Prague
- Institute of Chemical Technologies Prague
- Institute of Biotechnology, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Microbiology of the AS CR, v.v.i
- Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry Prague (IMC ASCR)
- Nuclear Physics Institute of the ASCR/UJF, v. v. i.
Translational medicine is the transformation of laboratory research outcomes into new ways to diagnose and treat patients to improve the health of millions of people worldwide. It takes promising biomedical innovations 'from bench to bedside' and bridges clinical needs from bedside to bench.
EATRIS provides a new development pathway, open to researchers and companies in need of support for advancing biomedical innovations. EATRIS comprises over 70 leading academic institutions across Europe, each renowned for its individual and high-end research facilities.
This infrastructure provides the following advantages:
- Single point of access to the right expertise and facilities
- Expedites the development process
- Access to large and diverse clinical patient cohorts